- Davao City LGU sets speed limit for all motor vehiclesPosted 1 month ago
- Davao City 911 cited for saving lives in deadly firePosted 3 months ago
- Big South Korean film to shoot in DavaoPosted 4 months ago
- Tagum City’s Big 8 HotelPosted 4 months ago
- Davao City to host biggest biz conference in the regionPosted 4 months ago
- Davao posts 7.4% reg’l GDP growthPosted 4 months ago
- Davao City Council passes stricter Liquor banPosted 4 months ago
- 3RD PHILIPPINE DIGITAL FORENSICS & WIRELESS SECURITY SUMMIT 2013 – DAVAO CITYPosted 5 months ago
- Teleperformance opens Davao centerPosted 5 months ago
- Police continue to look for remnants of Babye Kidnap GroupPosted 5 months ago
Teleperformance opens Davao center
DAVAO CITY July 18 (PIA)- Teleperformance opened its 11th branch in Davao City with a formal launch held last July 12 at its site in SM City-Davao.
Teleperformance one of the world’s leading provider of outsourced customer experience management services has a 11,2000 square meter contact center that covers 1,500 employee workstations and state-of-the-art employee facilities such as fitness gyms, spacious cafeteria, full-service clinic, sleeping quarters, game and recreation area and employee lockets.
Aside from the contact center the SM- City Davao facility includes a recruitment center which can process applications from prospective contact center applicants.
According to Brian Johnson, the center has hired hundreds of Dabawenyos and will continue to expand to a total of over 2,000 employees in the near future.
Johnson sees the Davao operations as being sustainable for a long-term particularly evident is the 17-year old track record of Teleperformance which has never seen a site that has been reduced or closed down.
During the launch press conference, David Rizzo Teleperformance Asia Pacific President said that “Building our presence in the country’s premiere “Next Wave City” allows the company to nurture diverse talents to meed the anticipated market growth and ensure sustainability of our nationwide operations.”
Aside from providing employment, the large contact center is also expected to factor in a trickle down employment effect as support businesses like public transportation, cafes and restaurants, night vendors like ambulant balot and packed food peddlers will benefit from the growth of the contact center.
Davao City is the second largest Teleperformance site in the country after its site in Mandaluyong in Metro Manila. It also operates sites in Bacolod, Cebu and Antipolo in Rizal Province.
The company is expected to bump the growing contact center industry in Davao City which now records about 16,000 contact/call center workers.
Teleperformance is a giant in contact center operations operating in 46 countries with 138,000 employees spread across the 270 contact centers worldwide. (PIA/RG Alama)
© 2013, Rudolph Alama. All rights reserved.